If you are tired of buying bottled water for drinking purposes, then it’s time to invest in the best countertop water filter.
Countertop water filters are just like the conventional water filter system but they are comparatively smaller in size. So that you can easily place it on your kitchen counter near the sink and use it when you want.
The best thing about these countertop water filters is, they remove almost all impurities including chlorine and fluoride, and heavy metals, and gives a pleasant taste and odor to your water.
A countertop water filter is the best solution in those areas where chlorine is used for disinfecting water.
If you are one of those, then it’s time to switch towards countertop water filters.
That’s why today we have decided to review some best countertop water filters so that you can choose one best for your family.
Not only this, we have added a brief and concise buyer guide just to give you proper guidance about the countertop water filter system.
Getting curious to know more about this space-savvy water filter? Just stick to this article you will get to know more about it!
- Benefits of Countertop Water Filter System:
- Best Countertop Water Filters of 2022
- Countertop Water Filter Reviews:
- 1. Big Berkey – Best Countertop Water Filter system
- 2. Aquatru – Best Countertop Water Filtration Purification System
- 3. Apex Quality – Best countertop water filters for home
- 4. Aquasana AQ-4000W – Countertop Drinking Water Filter System
- 5. Brondell H630 H2O+ – Cypress Countertop Water Filter System
- 6. AlcaPure – Best Reverse Osmosis Countertop Water Filter system
- 7. Home Master TMJRF2 Counter Top Water Filtration System Review
- 8. cleanwater4less – Best water filter that remove fluoride and chlorine
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Best Rated Countertop Water Filter System:
- Our Verdict:
Benefits of Countertop Water Filter System:
Countertop water filtration system is the unique invention for those people who looks for healthy drinking option but does not have enough space. There are many benefits of countertop water filter some of them are:
- They are compact and space-savvy.
- They do not require huge space.
- They are portable and easy to carry
- Countertop water filter gives you clean and contaminant-free water whenever you want.
- You don’t need to hire any professional plumbers for installing them as they come pre-assembled.
- Countertop water filters are wallet-friendly water solutions that anyone can afford easily.
Best Countertop Water Filters of 2022
|Countertop Water Filters||Rating||Price|
|Big Berkey Gravity-Fed Water Filter||
|Aquatru – Countertop Filtration||
|Apex Water Filter||
Brondell h630 H2O+ Cypress
Alcapure Reverse Osmosis
Home Master tmjrf2
Countertop Water Filter Reviews:
1. Big Berkey – Best Countertop Water Filter system
Big Berkey is one of the renowned names in the list of portable water filters. It uses a natural phenomenon of filtering the dirty and dusty water that is gravity. The gravity forces the water to moves through the filter cartridges and therefore you will get clean and pure drinking water. It removes fluoride from water.
It is equipped with black Berkey purification elements that promise to hold 99.995 of viruses, bacteria, and protozoa along with heavy metals and drugs. These black Berkey purification elements are quite economical and long-lasting that is they last up to 6000 gallons before they need any replacement.
The dimensions of Big Berkey purification system is about 19.25” tall and 8.5” in diameter. Just because of its space-saving dimensions you can keep it anywhere easily even on the top of your kitchen counter.
2. Aquatru – Best Countertop Water Filtration Purification System
AquaTru countertop water filter not only just filter your water but it also purifies it. This amazing countertop water filtration system uses 4-stage reverse osmosis technology that promises to remove fluorine, chlorine, toxins, carcinogens, and various other harmful chemicals.
Besides this, the AquaTru countertop water filtration system is certified by IAMPO and NSF/ANSI to remove 82 contaminants. Let me tell you contaminant removing power of AquaTru is 15 times more potent than the other pitcher filters.
As far as its installation is concerned, it does not require special tools for installation. It can be set up within minutes. Interestingly, you don’t have to worry about plumbing and all just plug it in and it will deliver clean and pure drinking water instantly.
In addition to this, AquaTru features long-lasting and cost-effective filters. The affordable filters are made to last for 600-1200 gallons. This means you need to change the filter after every 6-8 months.
3. Apex Quality – Best countertop water filters for home
Drinking alkaline water is highly useful for the body. It protects your bones and supports your immune system. Also, it keeps you energetic and lively. Alkaline water helps to detoxify your body hence makes your skin healthy and glowy. It is one of the best countertop water filters for home.
If you want to avail all these benefits then you need to buy an Apex Quality countertop drinking water filter. It has got 5 stage filters that effectively remove chlorine, bacteria, and other harmful chemicals. It also removes the unwanted odor from the water.
To make the water alkaline it has got remineralizing elements that alter the pH of your water. It does so by adding calcium, magnesium, and potassium to the water.
The apex countertop water filter delivers up to 750 gallons of water before it needs any replacement.
4. Aquasana AQ-4000W – Countertop Drinking Water Filter System
AQ-4000 is simple to use and easy to install. All you have to do is just screw on the faucet attachment to your tap. This means you can get clean and crisp drinking water wherever and whenever you want.
This best tabletop counter filter uses 2-stage filtration technology which is called Claryum. With the help of this technology, AQ-4000 removes 10 times more contaminants than the other filter pitcher on the market.
You will be amazed to know that it removes around 97% of chlorine from the water. Not only this, AQ-4000 is capable of removing around 76 types of different contaminants.
The filters are quite efficient and long-lasting. You need to change its filter after every 6 months or after consuming 450 gallons of water.
5. Brondell H630 H2O+ – Cypress Countertop Water Filter System
Brondell H630 features three-stage patented Nanotrap technology that delivers pure and safe drinking water. It features an H20+ Cypress filtration system that filters all harmful contaminants leaving behind clean and crisp drinking water.
It uses a three-stage filtration system that promises to give you contaminants-free water. Every filter has its own recommended replacement time. On average, every filter has to be replaced after every 6 months.
There is no harm in saying that Brondell H630 is one of the best countertop water filtration systems because of the fact that it is light in weight and space-savvy.
You can easily keep it on your kitchen countertop and enjoy pure and drinking water every time. It features an ergonomically design push-button control for dispensing water without any wastage.
The worth mentioning point about this countertop filter is, it is certified by NSF/ANSI.
6. AlcaPure – Best Reverse Osmosis Countertop Water Filter system
A stylish and elegant countertop water filtration system not only gives you pure and clean drinking water but also adds beauty to your kitchen interior. One such example is AlcaPure reverse osmosis countertop water filter system. This is one of the modern and stylish countertop water filtration systems.
AlcaPure is not like an ordinary water filter system that has only filters. In fact, it is a reverse osmosis filtration system that guarantees pure and healthy drinking water every time you use it.
It is so simple and convenient to use. Just fill the bottom container with one gallon of water and in just 15 minutes you will get 0.5 gallons of purified water of superior taste.
Besides this, it features easy to change replacement filters that have to be changed after every 12 months. Interestingly, the unit will notify you when it’s time to change its filter.
7. Home Master TMJRF2 Counter Top Water Filtration System Review
Though it is small but it is super-efficient. It not only makes your water free from TOC’s and VOC’s but it also removes fluoride from your drinking water.
Besides this, it features an advanced multi-stage granular filter which is efficient enough that it removes 93% of all harmful chemicals including, chlorine and fluorine.
Home master TMJRF2 comes fully assembled. You need to just take it out of the box and connect it with the kitchen faucet.
As far as filter efficiency and durability are concerned, TMJRF2 has a filter with a short life span. You need to replace the filters after using 500 gallons of water. Filters are easily replaceable and available easily everywhere.
8. cleanwater4less – Best water filter that remove fluoride and chlorine
Personally, it is one of my favorite countertop water filtration systems as it does not require maintenance. Yes, you read it right!
Unlike every other countertop water filter, you don’t need to change its replacement filter. It has got 10,000 gallons of capacity to deliver healthy and pleasant drinking water.
Besides this, it CleanWater 4 less uses activated carbon filtration that removes up to 97% of chlorine and other volatile organic compounds. It improves the taste and odor of water too.
When it comes to its appearance, the unit has stainless steel exterior finish which looks quite elegant. It comes pre-assembled. Only you have to connect the diverter valve to the faucet.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Best Rated Countertop Water Filter System:
Buying countertop water filters could be a cumbersome task especially when you are buying them for the very first time. So for your ease, we have compiled a brief and concise buyers guide that will help you to decide the best countertop water filter for yourself.
Types of Countertop Water Filter:
The first and the foremost thing that you have to do before shopping for the best countertop water filter is to choose the type of water filter. For this, you need to check what contaminants your tap water contains. This process is called a water test. You can do it by contacting your local water supplier. They will provide you a complete water quality report that will tell you which contaminants are present in how much percentage.
Once you are done with the water test, based on the presence of contaminants you can choose the type of countertop water filter, which are as follows:
Water filter pitcher:
- Simplest and budget-savvy water filters.
- They look like standard water jug with a filter in them, that holds the contaminants.
- Water filter pitcher requires 5-15 minutes to filter your water.
- Can be placed on your kitchen countertop near the sink and is connected to your faucet via a hose.
- Usually comes pre-assembled.
- They are simple to install and use.
- Also known as an activated carbon filter or coconut carbon filter.
- Used for removing chemicals and organic compound which include chlorine and fluoride.
- They are quite helpful in improving the taste and odor of water.
- They have a porous surface that has tiny pores all around the surface.
- Suitable for water that has bacteria, parasites, and cysts.
- They have a low micron rating that can remove tiny contaminants easily.
- The most effective water filtration method.
- It filters the water numerous times.
- It removes almost all the contaminants.
- Can remove large contaminants like plastics, silica, silt, and proteins
- Ultrafiltration countertop filters are quite expensive.
- A highly effective method to remove chemicals and heavy metals.
- The water is heated up and then turned into steam which is then collected and turned back into the liquid.
- The converted liquid is free from all impurities.
Reverse osmosis water filters:
- A highly efficient method of filtering water.
- It removes up to 99.99% of TDS, VOC’s and other contaminants.
Capacity of Filter:
This means, how many gallons a filter can produce before its replacement time. Filtration capacity determines the life of the filter. If a filter can produce 120 gallons of filtered water it means that you can use it for a good 6 months after which you will have to invest in a new filter. We will recommend you to look for a countertop filter that comes with at least 6 months of filter lifespan.
Filling a disposable water bottle with a slow flow rate is really very irritating. It wastes your time and energy. So whenever you are buying a countertop water filter always look for a model that offers a high flow rate so that you can fill the bottles in a wink of an eye.
Ease of Installation:
One of the highly weighted advantages of a countertop water filter is, it is really very easy to install. The majority of the models come pre-assembled you just need to take them out of the box and start using them. Faucet filters are quite easier to install.
Ease of installation saves you from the big headache of running after plumbers.
Like every other product, water filters have got approval from different water filters testing organizations such as NSF, ANSI, and WQA. Among these, NSF is the most reputable water filter testing organization. So we will recommend you buy a countertop water filter that is NSF certified.
Every countertop water filter is different from the other. We have tried our level best to cover almost all the types of countertop water filters so that you can choose the best one for yourself according to the level of contaminants in the water. Personally speaking, we vote for AlcaPure tabletop water filter system, as it looks modern and stylish. Apart from this, it removes many harmful chemicals from your water making your water safe and healthy to drink.
If you don’t agree with our opinions, then you can take guidance from our buyer’s guide and choose one by yourself.