When you are looking for the best space heater for a large room, it is best to take the time to read reviews. There are many different heaters available, so it cannot be easy to find the best one. We have compiled the best options on the market to help make your decision-making process easier. One thing that will help narrow your search is by reading customer reviews. This way, you will know what other people have experienced with this product before you buy it.
There are so many options because everyone has different needs when it comes to heating their homes. Some people need an electric option, while others prefer something more natural like a wood stove or fireplace.
- How to Choose the Best Space Heater for Large Rooms?
- The Best Space Heater for Large Rooms 2022
- 1. EdenPURE CopperSMART: Best Space Heater For Large Rooms
- 2. Space Heater, 1500W – Best Oil Filled Radiator Heater for Home and Office:
- 3. Dyna-Glo: Best Space Heater For Large Basement Or Large Drafty Room
- 4. Stiebel Eltron 074057 – Best Wall-Mounted Electric Heater For Large Room
- 5. Cadet 67527: Best Space Heater For Large Room With High Ceilings
- 6. Dr. Infrared Heater: Best Infrared Space Heater For Large Room
- What is the most efficient way to heat a large room?
- How big of a room can a space heater heat?
- How much does it cost to run a 1500 watt heater for 24 hours?
- Do all 1500W heaters heat the same?
- How do you heat a large indoor space?
- Are space heaters worth it?
- Does a space heater use a lot of electricity?
- Do all space heaters put out the same heat?
- What is the cheapest way to heat your home UK?
- What type of space heater uses the least electricity?
- Is it OK to leave a space heater on all night?
- Where is the best place to put a heater in a room?
How to Choose the Best Space Heater for Large Rooms?
Most big electric heaters (used to heat bigger spaces) have 1,500 W. That is about 5,000 BTU. Producers say these electric heaters can heat rooms to 1,000 sq ft. But home is bigger than that! Those electric heaters give only supplemental heat in large spaces like this one with an oil-filled radiator heater.
Extra-large electric heaters can have anywhere from 2,000 W to 4,000 W. They provide a lot of heat. But they are hard to install in your home because you need to mount them on the wall. These extra-large electric heaters can heat Extra-large rooms with high ceilings.
Natural gas or propane heaters can heat a large room consumer reports says. They have up to 30,000 BTU of heating output. You will need to vent your heater so that it doesn’t release too much carbon monoxide. Natural gas and propane are more complicated than other heating systems, but they work well.
Based on what we have talked about, here is a list of the best space heaters. You can see the comparison and reviews starting here:
The Best Space Heater for Large Rooms 2022
1. EdenPURE CopperSMART: Best Space Heater For Large Rooms
The EdenPURE CopperSMART is the best space heater for large rooms and spaces. It uses a patented PTC (Positive Temperature Coefficient) heating technology that heats up quickly and evenly, providing you with consistent heat.
This unit has an ETL-approved touch-safe front grill cover to prevent accidents from occurring as well as a tip-over sensor that will automatically shut off the unit if it is knocked over to avoid fire hazards.
The remote control allows you to turn this unit on or off from across the room and includes a lifetime filter for easy maintenance.
EdenPURE CopperSmart is a heating unit that can be used as a supplement to electric space heaters. It provides full central heating to about 150 sq ft of space (8 ft ceiling height).
- Provides up to 1,500 W of heating input/output.
- Very safe: has a tip-over sensor, ETL-approved touch-safe grill, and dual high limit sensors.
- It heats the space quickly for you when you’re cold.
- It is portable, but it does weigh 56 lbs.
This is a high price because it has extra safety features and a copper PTC heating element.
2. Space Heater, 1500W – Best Oil Filled Radiator Heater for Home and Office:
The 1500W Oil Filled Radiator Heater is the ideal solution for keeping your home warm and cozy. This heater can heat an area of up to 125 square feet, making it perfect for small rooms like bedrooms, offices, kitchens, and more!
The oil-filled radiator ensures that you enjoy a consistent flow of heat, while the special thermostat will ensure that the room temperature stays constant.
It’s also equipped with an automatic overheat protection mechanism which kicks in if the device reaches temperatures above 95 degrees Celsius.
- Save money on your electric bill.
- Safe for kids and pets to be around.
- Stay warm this winter without breaking the bank.
3. Dyna-Glo: Best Space Heater For Large Basement Or Large Drafty Room
Dyna-Glo 30,000 BTU is a powerful space heater. It uses natural gas instead of electricity. This way, it can provide 500% more heating output than electric heaters. It is best for large basements or drafty rooms.
Dyna-Glo can make either 15,000 BTU or 30,000 BTU. That is the same amount of heat as 5 or even 6 1,500W electric space heaters. The reason is that it uses natural gas instead of electricity. Natural gas burns with 99.9% efficiency and costs about 3 times less than electricity per BTU, that makes Dyna-Glo 30,000 BTU an extremely cost-efficient way to heat large rooms.
Even the most fantastic gas space heaters have drawbacks. Venting is one of them. Electric units do not require ventilation, which is why they are so popular. Dyna-Glo 30,000 BTU vent-free gas space heater was designed to be used without a vent. You must, however, exercise caution when utilizing it.
Please place it in a room where you don’t spend much time. It works best in basements, drafty rooms, and garages.
It does contain an ODS (oxygen depletion sensor), which can detect even minor amounts of carbon monoxide (a by-product of combustion natural gas).
Natural gas space heaters are more dangerous to use than electric ones. Yes, Dyna-Glo is strong (30,000 BTU heating output) and can supply central heating for 1000 square feet using the 30 BTU per square foot formula). It’s also cost-effective. However, if safety is your top priority, an electric space heater for large rooms would be a better option.
- The best gas-powered room heater for large spaces
- 30,000 BTU heating output (as much as 5-6 1,500 W electric heaters)
- It can heat up to 1,000 sq ft on its own (without the need for extra heating)
- Extremely low-cost (99.9% efficiency; the cost of natural gas is 3x less than that of electricity)
It does use natural gas and can present safety issues
Installation is more difficult
Professional installation is recommended (adds expenses)
4. Stiebel Eltron 074057 – Best Wall-Mounted Electric Heater For Large Room
In huge rooms, wall-mounted electric heaters are the most space-saving option. The Stiebel Eltron 074057 is the finest wall-mounted electric heater on the market today because it doesn’t reduce your whole room’s square footage, produces more than 1,500 W of heating power, and includes a built-in thermostat.
Stiebel Eltron is a well-known German business that produces everything from tankless electric heaters to wall-mounted electric heaters (founded in 1924). The Stiebel Eltron 074057 electric heater may be easily installed on the wall and is powered by 2,000 watts.
A 2,000 W space heater requires German engineering. It may be used as a large room space heater to provide additional heating for rooms up to 1000 square feet. The Stiebel Eltron 074057 is powerful enough to adequately heat a 215 square foot room on its own because it generates 500W more power than conventional electric space heaters.
It has a large, elegant design that blends in with most decors. In addition to the fan heater, it offers a wall-mounted space heater capable of distributing heat equally across a wide area. A down-draft design is used where the colder air is drawn into the heater from the top and the heated air is exhaled from the bottom.
Stiebel Eltron’s 074005 is one of the quietest space heaters on the market. It makes little to no noise at a noise level of 49.7 decibels. That’s because of galvanized steel in the CK and CKT heaters, as well as a quiet blower.
The major disadvantage of every wall-mounted electric heater is that it must be placed on the wall. It takes some effort to do so. The Stiebel Eltron 074057 also operates on a frequency of 240V to generate higher power 2,000 W heating.
- Space heater with excellent design (German engineering)
- This space heater has two 1,500-watt inputs. It’s more potent than standard electric heaters.
- It’s possible to use it in 1,000-1,200 square feet of space (additional heating) or heat a 215-square-foot area by itself.
- It is a very quiet space heater (noise levels up to 49.7 decibels)
- Stiebel Eltron is a highly trustworthy German manufacturer.
It must be put on the wall; there is some effort involved.
This device is compatible with both 120 and 240 volts, but it’ll require upgrading your electricity grid.
5. Cadet 67527: Best Space Heater For Large Room With High Ceilings
The Cadet 67527 is the most powerful electric space heater for big rooms with high ceilings. The majority of electrical devices are powered by 1,500W. However, Cadet 67527 has a capacity of 4,000W (+150% more heating output).
The Cadet 67527 can heat up to 600 sq ft rooms. That means it can provide supplemental heat to up to 2,000 sq ft rooms if the ceiling is 8 feet high.
If you have a room with a higher-than-average ceiling height (8+ feet), such as a loft or barn, you’ll want a more powerful electric space heater. The Cadet 67527 is ideal for high ceiling rooms since it produces around 13,500 BTU of heating compared to 5,000 BTU produced by regular electricity.
It’s also a space-saver. That’s a pro and a con in one. You have to create a recess in the wall and do the subsequent installation, which is harder than plugging an electric unit into an outlet. But you will lose no space whatsoever.
It costs a tiny fraction of the price of most space heaters, which makes it an especially appealing option for those on a budget. The Cadet 67527 is a 4,000W space heater for vast rooms that costs less than $200:
- You can set a temperature, and it will automatically adjust to the right level.
- The heater is safe, efficient, and reliable.
- No more shivering through winter with this heater!
- The most powerful electric room heater
- It’s wall-mounted, which is great for space-saving.
- For such a high-powered heater, this is a highly reasonable price.
For building purposes, you’ll have to create a gap in the wall.
This device runs on 240V voltage and some people do not have access.
6. Dr. Infrared Heater: Best Infrared Space Heater For Large Room
Infrared space heaters are not designed to heat a large room. They only work for people, not the whole room. People use infrared space heaters to keep their bodies warm, not the air. Dr. Infrared is one of the most popular brands of infrared space heaters that many people like because it is good at keeping us warm.
The Dr. Infrared Company is focused on making heaters. They are based on infrared heating. This heater has the same power as a regular electric heater, but it can heat an area to 1,000 square feet.
The primary consideration is direct heating. Because Dr. Infrared heater focuses on heating people rather than the environment, it is very energy-efficient. It only generates enough heat to warm our bodies, not the entire space.
We would want the entire space to be heated in many situations. Dr. Infrared heater doesn’t provide this either. Despite the built-in thermostat that can be set between 50° and 85°F, it isn’t possible.
This unit is tranquil since it uses a radiant heating approach (versus forced air). The noise level of the low noise blower is around 39 decibels. Even though infrared space heaters are set to maximum output in bigger rooms, they have still considered the quietest space heater.
To summarize, Dr. Infrared is the best-infrared heater maker, but there are some drawbacks to using it for heating:
- 1,500-watt power input supplied by an infrared heater
- It’s very efficient at heating us personally; it’s like having your heater.
- With noise levels as low as 39 decibels, you may comfortably watch TV or listen to music.
Infrared heaters’ major goal is not to heat big rooms on their own.
It has a narrow temperature range (50°F to 85°F).
- Electric vs Gas Tankless Water Heater | Which is Best?
- Best electric Tankless Water Heater
- Best Portable Water Heater for Van Life
- Are Tankless water heater worth it
- Best Electric Garage Heater 120v
What is the most efficient way to heat a large room?
Oil-filled heaters are ideal for extended heating sessions since they can efficiently warm larger rooms. Simply make sure the heater you pick has important safety features like overheat protection and an automatic shut-off timer. The more safety mechanisms it includes, the better.
How big of a room can a space heater heat?
You’ll need about 10 watts of heating power for each square foot of room floor space as a rule of thumb. As a result, a 1,500-watt heater can provide the primary heat in a room with dimensions of 150 square feet.
How much does it cost to run a 1500 watt heater for 24 hours?
Electric Heater Wattage: Running Cost (Per Hour) Running Cost (For 24 Hours)
1500 Watts $0.20 $4.80
Do all 1500W heaters heat the same?
The amount of power (wattage) consumed by an electric space heater with a capacity of 1,500 watts is identical to that consumed by one with a capacity of 500 watts (1,500 watts), regardless of the price.
How do you heat a large indoor space?
Oil-filled radiators are often used in larger rooms to heat up. They can be placed almost anywhere, generate 5,000 BTU of heat output, and are simple to install. The energy-efficient and cost-effective (less than $100) Delonghi KH390715CB is the best oil-filled radiator heater.
Are space heaters worth it?
Space heaters are quite valuable for saving money, but they can only help you up to a certain degree. When heating one room or a small space, space heaters are ideal because they may be used alone or supplement your present heating system.
Does a space heater use a lot of electricity?
Electric space heaters, which are often 100 percent efficient, consume a significant amount of electricity. In general, most space heaters utilize about 1,500 Watts of power and cost around 15¢ an hour to run.
Do all space heaters put out the same heat?
In addition, electric plug-in space heaters are no more efficient than other electric heating devices, and they all have the same efficiency. A 1,500-watt electric space heater will give out the same amount of heat whether you purchase it or not. Never leave a space heater on when you’re not around to watch it.
What is the cheapest way to heat your home UK?
According to the Energy Saving Trust, electric heaters are one of the most expensive types of heating. According to the organization, using an efficient gas central heating system with a complete set of thermostatic radiator valves, a room thermostat, and a timer is the cheapest way to heat your home.
What type of space heater uses the least electricity?
We have a complete write-up on the safety of infrared heaters and how they function. In addition, because of all this, infrared heaters can potentially save you as much as 60% on your heating costs.
Is it OK to leave a space heater on all night?
It is quite safe to leave a modern space heater on for lengthy periods, such as while sleeping. Ensure your heater has features like automatic shutoff, tip-over protection, a shut-off timer, and an adjustable thermostat and is certified by one of the three major testing organizations.
Where is the best place to put a heater in a room?
Under windows is the ideal location for heaters. If you don’t have enough room for panel heaters, consider wall strip panel heaters, shorter and lower variants. By heating the air descending from the windows, you warm up the cold air that has been trapped in the space.