Water softener resins help your softening applications in reducing minerals like Calcium, Magnesium, and iron that are the main reason for hard water.
Don’t forget that hard water is not only harmful to your skin, hair, clothes, and utensils but also it can cause you constant repairing of pipes and home appliances.
Like many of us, if you are also on a mission to search for the best water softener resin replacement for your household softening system. No worries anymore, because you have found out the right place before pouring your money.
If you have made your mind, don’t waste your time and let’s check it out.
- Best Water Softener Resin 2021:
- List of Top water softener Resin of 2021
- Buying Guide: Things to consider before buying a water softener Resins
Best Water Softener Resin 2021:
In this review article, you will be bombarded with a variety of international resin brands that will surely accomplish your search for Best rated Water Softener Resin.
List of Top water softener Resin of 2021
|Water Softener Resin||Rating||Price|
|Purolite C100E Resin||
|Aquatrol water softener resin||
|LiquaGen Ion Exchange Resin||
Our best overall resin is Purolite C100E Cationic Resin is here for you.
1: Purolite C100E Resin
Our top pick in 5 best water softening resin is Purolite C100 Cationic Resin produced by Purolite. When it comes to Purification and resin-based- separation, Purolite is a name that stands a step ahead compared to any other brands.
Their standard size particle resin Purolite C100E is specially designed in a way to purify the industrial as well as domestic portable water.
Wait! Let me take to you to its amazing features.
- Purolite C100E is a polystyrene strong acid cation exchange resin which uses sodium form.
- C100E beads are a universal standard size. It means that no matter what the brand of water softener you are using, it will work with all water softener brands, either you have Fleck, Canature, or Hydrotech.
- Besides this, Purolite C100E comes in the baggage of 49.9lb, which means if your water is not highly contaminated, it can last you more than 10 years.
- Furthermore, C100E is 8% cross-linked resin that is efficient enough in dissolving up to 3 to 5 P.P.M. In addition to this, its gel polystyrene sulfonate cation exchange formula is suitable enough for the treatment of potable water, foodstuffs, and beverages.
- C100E resin removes the harmful compound from hard water, including iron, and leads to make your water drinkable and ready to use. Besides this, it prevents your home appliances and piping system from damaging and repairing.
- It does not end here! Purilite is highly effective in removing well water contamination. As it can remove extreme iron contamination from private well water to give you a quite pure water supply for households.
So if you are looking for well water resin Purolite C100E is all that money can buy.
- Purolite C100E Cationic Resin is the best water softener resin for cleaning and softening applications at affordable prices. It gives you clean water for cooking, preparing food, and domestic use as well.
- Buying this high-quality resin does not refrain in purifying water; instead, it helps remove buildups, films, and stain spots from your piping and dishes. Hence it gives your water appliance a long-life and less maintenance.
2: Aquatrol water softener resin
Our second pick in 5 best water softener resins is Aquatrol Water Softener Resin. Even though it’s a brand competing with other softening resin brands but Aquatrol can be simply defined as the best water softener resin for the residential sector/system.
- Aquatrol is the best quality water softener resin that is designed to purify potable water and beverages. Besides this, it is credited to soften the hard water contamination perfectly without leaving any foul smell or hazardous.
- It comes with the unique feature of 8% cross-linked beads that allows it to seize hard water ions without reducing the efficiency of resin and keeping its longevity rate high. Its 8% cross-linked formula makes it affordable and more than enough to eliminate hard water substances, including calcium, magnesium, and iron.
- Aquatrol premium cation resin formula extracts the hard particles from the water and uses it for different purposes, such as treatment of food and human consumption. More to this, it prevents your dishes from stain spots, clothes from faded looks, and home appliances from rust, buildups, and corrosions.
- Buying the best replacement resin can be challenging considering the series of brands available in the market. Still, Aquatrol is a way better Mesh resin with high customer satisfaction.
Furthermore, Aquatrol resin is U.S Food and Drugs Administration (USFDA) certified resin, which means it does not contains any harmful elements, and you don’t need to be worry while consuming this resin.
- Buying Aquatrol can prevent you from installation headaches because installing Aqua is so easy then your imagination. All you need to pour Aqua resin into your water softener resin brine with its sturdy and comfortable packaging. So that you will get clean water with best water Softener System.
3: AFWFilters SOFRES1 Water Resin
The AFWFilters SOFRES1 Water Resin is a resin that is highly spacious suitable for all standard water softeners. It works to remove calcium and magnesium (e.g., hard ions) and changes them with sodium ions.
It is the best resin for water softeners because it can convert hard water into soft water without posing as a risk to one’s health. It has also been approved by the NSF, FDA, and USDA, which means that it is perfectly safe for your family.
- The AFWFilters SOFRES1 Water Resin is best because it is easily changeable without any hassle. It also comes with a user’s manual that explains the whole process in a very simple way.
- This resin is also the best choice because the company claims that it has a life of 12 to 15 years and is ideal for both small and huge households.
- The AFWFilters SOFRES1 Water Resin comes in 2 bags of half cubic. Ft. These bags are meant to keep the product safe.
- The weight of this resin bag is 44.6 pounds.
- The AFWFilters SOFRES1 Water Resin features ultra-purification design to filter out iron and dust, rust, and sediment to provide your family with pure and safe water.
When it comes to affordability, AFWFilter resin is available at a reasonable price.
AFW filter resin is the most suitable resin choice for any family because its manufacturer claims that it lasts anywhere between 12-15 years.
- To make the refilling process an easier one, the bag has a built-in spout that makes the refilling process less messy. Moreover, this AFWFilters SOFRESI resin has been approved by the USA and is produced in India.
4: Tier1 IER-100 Ion Exchange Water Softener Resin
Our fourth pick in 5 best water softener resins is Tier1 IER-100 Ion Exchange Water Softener Resin. It’s the high-capacity gel polystyrene strong acid cation exchange resin, which is ideal for multiple water softening systems.
The Tier1 IER-100 Ion exchange water softener Resin is a high-grade quality resin that helps prevent any kind of limescale buildup and, therefore, protects your pipes from damage and increase the overall life span of your appliances.
Tier1 ER-100 formula features high-quality resin which helps eliminate harmful substances from your hard water along with boosting up the regenerating process of your water softener. Its ion exchange resin beads help in purifications of potable water.
- It won’t be wrong if this resin is titled as the best quality water softener resin for both commercial and water softening system.
- Your worries about the water appliances can be reduced with Tier1 IER-100 resin as minerals contributing to the buildup of limescale are being challenged by this resin thus it helps to prolong the life of water appliances and make water safer for human consumption.
- When it comes to reducing contamination Tier1 is far better than its competitors. This is because it works on a 10% cross-linked resin formula that is capable of eliminating severe water contamination up to 10 P.P.M.
In addition to this, Tier1 comes in 0.88 cubic feet bags, which means this will last longer as compared to the rival brands. Hence, buying Tier1 cannot be less than a wise investment for your household softening systems’ proper functioning.
- Tier1 resin is a perfect choice for the efficient purification process. Not only this, it assures long term safety of your home appliances and pipes. Moreover, it comes in quite safe and secure packaging with ultra-safety pouring and installation.
5: LiquaGen Higher Grade Ion Exchange Resin
LiquaGen resin is a high-grade resin cation that also works with strong acid ion exchange resin technology which makes it the best quality water softener resin.
Their high-quality LiquaGen resin ensures the longevity life of water softener and productive results. Besides this, this resin comes in 2 bags and a loading funnel that helps you in pouring down the material into the tank without any resistance and trouble.
To establish its price tag with its performances some various features regarding this resin are as follows.
When it comes to converting the hard water into soft water this resin outshines every other best resin for a water softener in many aspects that can be justified with its results.
- This LiquaGen resin’s phenomena of acid cation exchange offer the softening of hard water by removing harmful substances. This will ensure quite healthy beverages along with durability to your softening systems and pipes.
- Furthermore, it owns the properties of 10% cross-linked beads which strengthen the conversion of hard water into soft water by eliminating possible contamination up to 10 P.P.M.
LiquaGen resin is the most expensive compared too many relative brands but buying LiquaGen can be a decent investment with high-quality results in softening applications.
In addition to this, the availability of free resin loading funnel avoids the hiring of plumbing that allows you to replace it by yourself without any help that saves your extra bucks.
Buying Guide: Things to consider before buying a water softener Resins
Water softener resin
Water softener resin is the most integral part of any water softening system, which absorbs the harmful mineral compound of hard water. In return, it gives you fresh and healthy soft water for your household.
Read more to know where to buy water softener resin. In simple words, the resin is a medium that helps your softening applications eliminate the hardness of water by replacing positive charge (calcium and magnesium). But resin does not last and with time it needs to be changed in your water softener. Hence replacing resin that suits your system can be a bit challenging for you.
Types of water softener resin
Water softener resins are divided into two main types of Fine Mesh Resin vs. Standard Ion Exchange.
Fine Mesh resin is the powerful small beads resin that has the capacity to dissolved up to 10 parts per million. Besides this, the presence of carbon in fine Mesh resin improves the water taste and smell. But its small beads formula needs a safety feature of individual riser screen to prevent the beads from flowing out.
Ion Exchange Resin application features to dissolve positive charge between 3 to 5 P.P.M. It is efficient enough in removing numerous contaminants, including metals like lead and copper. The regeneration in Ion Exchange Resin works with common salt (Sodium Chloride or Potassium Chloride). Hence the resin applications in most of the water softening systems are supported by this type of resin.
The tightness of resin depends upon the amount of divinylbenzene (DVB) present in the resin formula. The high amount Of (DVB) in resin ensures the long life along with performance. Generally, their quantity is measured with 8% cross-link and 10% cross-linked.
Commonly used resin comes with 8% cross-linked because it is less expensive compared to 10% cross-linked. It could last for up to 10 to 15 years only if your water contained less contaminated organics. 10% of cross-linked resins are mostly used in heavy-duty jobs for municipal works. It lasts longer than 8% cross-linked.
Choosing the best water softener resin:
If you are purchasing the resin first time and bit confuse, picking up the best option for you. Wait for while we made it so simple and easy for you. All you need to determine is your demand and further towards these guides to make a successful and long-lasting investment. You can also check the best water softener salt guide for further research.
If your water contains a high amount of minerals up to 10 P.P.M, then 10% cross-linked is the best possible option to protect you from oxidation. But if your water is less contaminated up to 3 or 5 P.P.M, then you don’t need to pour your money. 8% cross-link will be more than enough to deal with your softening applications. How to replace water softener resin, Unscrew the valve head, and set it aside. Dump out all the resin and gravel. Before you install the new resin, cut the new riser tube to the same height as the old one, and insert it into the water softener resin tank. Refill the softener.
Buying a cheap resin can do nothing than pouring your money into wastage, hence choosing resin needs your little intension in understanding your water source and softening needs. The 8% Cross-linked is capable enough to deal with your city’s water supply, which generally seems less contaminated water.
But if your water sources depend upon well water or private well water than go for brands with 10% Cross-linked resin because well water has a high concentration of iron and other hard compounds.
Our list of best water softener resins comprises 8% cross-linked and 10% cross-linked resins from leading brands. According to your water softener requirement, just pick one from the 5 best water softener resin and enjoy crystal clear soft water.
Almost all resin brands provide you installation manual. Before pouring resin, go through them for easy and secure installation.